Monday, April 21, 2008

It has been done.

This was originally supposed to be a journal of art and crafts, but I found that I was completely unmotivated to actually post any art that I was making. It's been over two months since I created this blog and I haven't touched it. . . Today, sitting by the river, I realized that I was going to be taking a lot of pictures and having an uncountable amount of incredible experiences, and it would be too bad not to share them. My hope is to be able to keep taking pictures of the amazing things going on around me and keep some sort of orderly visual journal. Maybe someone somewhere will be inspired to go on a bike ride or plant a vegetable or cook their family a dinner. Maybe not. . . At the very least my family will have a way to keep tabs on me and I'll have a way to look back on this some day.
So. . . after living in Boston for 6 years and never having a real plan or any direction, I decided to move to Vermont, kind of out of the blue. Two days ago, my boyfriend Micah and I loaded my truck up with only the things that I really needed and drove the 3 hour trip north to Moretown, Vt. I'll be staying at a community with some of the most amazing, loving, down to earth people that I've ever met, taking advantage of whatever is put in my path. I think the pictures will speak for themselves, however I should say that the weather here went from ice and sledding to hot and gardening in a matter of days, needless to say everyone's taking advantage.
I'm going to try to post new pictures every few days. Keep in touch and enjoy-


A view of the back yard
Inside the greenhouse. Everything's growing happily!

This is Bailey (7) and Thomas (8). I took them on the bike path along the river today.

Bailey enjoying some strawberries on a snack break.

I spent the majority of the day dividing and replanting the seedlings that Micah and I planted back in Boston a few weeks ago. This is the chamomile.

Micah and I sat on a rock for a while and were happy to see that the rapids from all of the snow melting were being taken advantage of.


I found a wild flower growing near the river and discovered that when I pinched it out from the ground my hands were covered in bright orange paint. Hopefully I can do something with it before they're gone

Bailey, Micah, Thomas and I spent about an hour trying to catch minnows today. I only caught one, but Thomas got about 10.


Steve reading outside the greenhouse

The Mad River
I've gone on an amazing bike ride every day so far. It's hard to miss the city when you go from biking in car exhaust and traffic to biking along a river in the mountains. (Thank you, Kurt, for fixing my bike up!)