Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's hard for me to chose what to write about and what to take pictures of. I have to stop myself from running around with the camera in my pocket all day, and remind myself that there are just some things that I need to live in and remember on my own. It's been consistently hot and sunny here. It's mid april and everyone's getting tan. The past couple of days have been productive in a completely different way than I'm used to, and I've been waking up in the morning to a quick anxiety attack because I remember that I don't have my job and don't have anywhere that I have to be. One turn and look out of my window and it's gone. The trees are turning green quickly, and the annuals are popping up in the gardens overnight!

Yesterday I went into town trying to find out if the flower store that I applied at still needed help, but I found that they moved locations so I decided to take advantage of the weather and go on a long drive. I love getting lost, and I tried pretty hard to, but I ended up pretty close to the house. Last night we barbecued cheeseburgers and I got a real feel for what summer will be like here. I think everyone should have a chance to spend a summer this way. I can't think of a more rewarding thing to do than give my time and to such a wonderful place. Today I've spent the morning in the greenhouse, driving the tractor, and cleaning up the community grounds.
I have sorted and re-potted all of my seedlings now, and the gardens are more or less ready for planting.

The majority of the pictures are of the grounds here, so that you might get a better idea of what living at the community looks like.


The community!
Left to right: The main house (where I live); The garage, which has been converted into a heavy duty kitchen- Alison, Pat, Bailey and Josh live upstairs; The barn; The school (Preschool thru 2nd grade) which was built by community members and finished this past fall. The church- Steve, Ruth and Thomas live upstairs; and the greenhouse. The picture is taken in the back from the gardens.


The barn, our huge supply of logs for heating, and the greenhouse.

Meet Josh, the indestructible 2 year old, who's obsessed with tractors.

Out my bedroom window.

We got to hang out with this lovely pup last night. This is Lilly, she's 1.

The back yard from the porch outside of my room.
Steve and Thomas under the bridge that connects the playground and the gardens to the rest of the land.

Warren falls- maybe one of the most relaxing places I've ever been to. I hung out here alone for over an hour yesterday. The roar from the waterfalls is enough to clear anyones thoughts for a while.


The truck in all her Glory.

A beautiful and symmetrical cemetery near by.

This is one of the local Yestermorrow's structures that I randomly found. Yestermorrow is a design/build school in Warren which focuses on sustainability and natural resources.


Val (Micah's mom) and I teamed up on dinner last night. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables!

Sea salt soaking to make hand and foot scrub.

No comments: